rewrite

Intro                             WWIII 2014 By: Arjun Agrawal

What happens: energy exhausted
It's the year 2014. Aliens had invaded the planet. We humans, fought valiantly to defend our civilization. By the end of the war, a lot of coal and gas was depleted. After the war everything changed. At first, our electricity started getting cut. Then our fuel prices increased.

 How I felt
I woke up really late one morning wondering why my alarm didn't wake me up. To my surprise the alarm had stopped working! At first, I thought that my alarm was just broken. I tried to turn on the TV. It didn't work. This meant my house's electricity was out. I asked my neighbor whether he had electricity or not. He had the same problems as me. This meant my whole block's electricity was out. I tried to call my friend. There was no dial tone. Usually, the city always had some reserved power for phones. This meant the whole city was out of electricity!!! I tried to listen to the battery powered AM radio, even that didn't work! Am waves come from far away places on this entire earth. No waves meant that the whole world was out of electricity. I knew that world was were low on energy. But I didn't know that the day we would run out would come so soon. I needed modern technology. I was too use to it. I was very sad. It was almost a nightmare.

How will people reactHow some survived and why
When it was night, there was not enough light in the homes and streets. People went mad without light. They made a riot on the street They burned everything they could get their hands on. They put houses on fire. People got trapped in the fire and died. People took the same kind of erratic actions for the lack of communication and entertainment that technology provides. Food could not get from farms to people. Hunger, riots, and lack of medical care led to the world population decreasing RAPIDLY.

The highly educated people saw all this madness coming. They knew to stay calm. They adapted to the world of the 1800's. They used candles for light, physical books to read, etc. Only a few people survived. One of these groups of people were my family including me.

How did I survive
Since there was such a riot going on in cities, it was not safe to live there. So my family ran away to a rural place. Since we were vegetarians, we didn't hunt animals. Luckily my dad grew up as a boy-scout. He knew all the wild plants with edible roots. So he took the roots of specific wild plants and cooked them. This made the roots softer, edible, and hygienic. Me and my family ate together. When modern technology was there, we would usually be in separate rooms doing whatever we wanted. I played jokes on my little brothers and we played around. When modern technology was there, we would be playing video games all by ourselves.

What does future look like to you
As I was lying down in my bed, I had a thought. Maybe without modern technology, life wasn't that bad after all. We had more family time. Also I thought that maybe that this was our chance to rebuild ourselves and create a more sustainable world with a more efficient economy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Anxiety Essay

TA-14

Positive Outlook Essay