If I was Zapped into a Video Game


As you may know me, I am an extreme gamer. I play games day and night. I am so eager to play, I steal my dad's laptop when I know my dad is asleep and play until midnight, then I return the laptop back to him leaving no trace in his history that I was playing games on his laptop.
After the following story, I learned my lesson. I stopped playing video games excessively.

It all started when: I was playing the really fun game called Microsoft flight. Microsoft flight was a networked game. The creator of the game Billy Bob Jones was online to challenge people for fun. I was playing for hours. After 6 hours of playing, a thunderstorm came. At first I felt safe since i knew I was indoors and i could not be harmed. But I was wrong. On bolt of lighting shocked our house! The supercharge of energy overpowered my computer!! At first the screen went blank. Then the computer's screen shot some purple bolt of light at me!! At first I was paralyzed. I felt as if my life was being absorbed inside then computer!!! Then everything went black.

The first thing I knew was that I was inside a cockpit. I recognized it. I was flying in a plane inside my game!! I was flying towards the ground at a very high speed I was going to crash!! This scared me half to death!! Suddenly a message appeared on my screen. It said: "You are right now trapped inside a digital world. If you crash it means real death for you. The only way to return to the real world is to beat the creator of the game, Billy Bob Jones, who is right now online. You must offer him a challenge to a race and win. If you lose, its death for you. But if you win you can return to the real world and live your human life." Outside the window I saw a plane crash and get incinerated These were just digital characters and they would just respawn. But that wasn't the same for me! If I crash I die. 

Luckily i was an expert at the game. So quickly grabbed hold of my steering wheel and went back up the air under control. I started to find Billy Bob Jones to challenge him to an air race. Eventually I found him inside one of the fastest planes you could get in this game! If I lost I would die and never return to the real world. If i won I could get out of my game. But I felt that I stood no chance against the creator of the game. He probably knew a bunch of cheats, glitches, and probably had all the mods for the game!! The requirements for the race was that we had to race in the air and land on the smallest runway in the game without dying! Whoever reaches finish line first, wins! This was going to be a big challenge. It was life or death. I got in plane getting ready for takeoff. Luckily I had fast hands. So I quickly went through the start-up list and went flying off in the air leaving the creator in the dust. At first it seemed so obvious that I was going to win since the creator was like 452 yards behind me!! But I was wrong. He used one of his teleporter mods and instantly appeared in front of me!


This was CHEATING!! This was so unfair!! I was so mad, I bumped into him!! I went out-of-control!! I was going to fly off into the ground and crash at a speed of 169 knots!

This was it, there was no hope now... At that moment of despair, a picture of my grandfather appeared. I remembered his saying, there always is hope, there always is a winning strategy. I instantly grabbed hold of my steering wheel and flew back up into the air. I went to full throttle without care and boosted down into the runway leaving the other plane behind. I instantly reduced my plane's throttle to idle, lowered my gear, lowered my flaps and landed at the finish line. I had won the race!!! I was so happy I I did the chicken dance!!! I couldn't wait to show-off to all my friends about my great adventure in a digital world. I instantly was transferred back to the real world!! Then everything went black again.

I woke up at home.

I so happy to be home! I checked the time. 
Surprisingly not a second had passed since i went through the computer. 
I was just glad to be alive! I was so happy i kissed my mom, dad, and little brother. 

I was puzzled about the whole experience. How and why questions were popping in my head. Curiosity drove me to research about my experience.The next day, I queried about past good players at Microsoft flight, who were no longer active.checked Facebook. checked email list. checked twitter accounts they had been inactive on all those accounts. I sent them emails and I got no responses. I emailed parent and from responses I discovered all the players were missing from their homes. This is when I suspected all of them disappeared from the same experience I had except failed the test. 


Incidentally, I received an e-mail from one parent. So I emailed them back to get permission if I could talk to their son. The parent emailed me back answering yes and then I chatted on phone with the boy named Joe. He had exact same experience that I had, and had luckily passed the test. The only difference was that Joe had been traumatized and was too scared to even touch his computer after his terrible experience inside a computer. We tried to figure out why was our computers sucking us in the digital world. We suspected Billy Bob Jones was probably doing all this. He had probably created some fake lightning to suck us into his computer! 

We contacted Billy Bob Jones. At first he denied our question. Then he called us admitting that it was all his idea. Bob said he was doing this for some an experiment to see who's best at the game in a life threatening situation! We were mad!! We said that we were going to tell the police about this, for killing innocent people in a video game. Bob said that they weren't dead. They were just stuck in the digital world. So we blackmailed Bob to return those kids and stop his experiment or else we would tell the police. So immediately Bob went to his computer and freed all those kids trapped in the digital world. All the trapped kids were now free. I was very proud of myself for doing the right thing. As for Bob his workers found out about his experiment, and went to jail. After that I quite my extreme gambling in-case I get sucked in again...


As you can see that is why I quit gaming. But I never forgot the adventure i had in that computer of life and death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Anxiety Essay

TA-14

Positive Outlook Essay